Be part of our first batch!
Startup teams from anywhere in the world and Swiss intrapreneurs can apply provided they fullfil our requirements:
1. The commitment to building a business
2. A promising business idea in: Food, Smart & Connected Machines, FinTech or Future & Emerging Technologies
3. A minimum viable product or working prototype
4. An entrepreneurial and innovative team
5. An international mindset
6. The desire to scale and learn
Applications close in (deadline extended)
19.01.2016 – Applications go live: put together your best application
07.05.2016 – Applications close (deadline extended): last chance to submit your application for our summer program 2016
Week commencing 23.05.2016 – Selection Round 1: receive confirmation of interview
Week commencing 30.05.2016 – Selection Round 2: attend interview with our vertical jurys (consisting of the Kickstart team, our mentors and corporate partners) in Zurich or via Skype
Week commencing 13.06.2016 – Batch Confirmation: receive confirmation of your place on Kickstart’s summer program
11.07.2016 – Get matched up with a local guide who will help you set up in Zurich
Week commencing 15.08.2016 – Move to Zurich and get settled in
22.08.2016 – Attend Program Kick-off and the First Founders’ Dinner
04.11.2016 (tbc) – Pitch your company at Demo Day
Frequently Asked Questions
The latest date you can submit an application is May 7, 2016 (deadline extended).
Benefits of Kickstart – The Swiss Accelerator include:
– Up to CHF 25 000 seed-funding per team
– CHF 1500 monthly founder stipend
– Free office space and infrastructure
– Fasttrack access to top mentors, industry experts and multinational corporations
– Opportunity to run a proof-of-concept trial with one of our FinTech partners
– No equity taken
– Multi-corporate accelerator
Founding teams from anywhere in the world can apply to the program. In the teams we look for:
– commitment to building a business
– promising business idea in: Food, Smart & Connected Machines, FinTech or Future & Emerging Technologies
– minimum viable product or working prototype
– great team dynamics
– international mindset
– desire to scale and learn
We also require that at least one member of the team is based in Zurich for the full three months. Kickstart will work with international applicants to facilitate visa, sponsorship and local accommodation, but we make no guarantees.
Why does Kickstart focus on the verticals FinTech, Smart & Connected Machines, Food and Future & Emerging Tech?
Kickstart’s verticals are focused on innovation areas where Switzerland shows a competitive advantage. All verticals will be running at the same time from the end of August until November 2016. Startups from the 4 different verticals will be working in the same office space enabling them to benefit from interdisciplinary exchanges going beyond their vertical.